PACI denies rumors on identification paper instead of Civil ID to travel abroad

Friday, December 13, 2019

The Public Authority for Civil Information (PACI) denied that identification documents are being issued instead of Civil IDs while traveling abroad.

The issuing of traveling certificate for expats ‘To Whom it May Concern’ is issued only as per their request which helps them to facilitate for certain procedures other then traveling purpose.

Sources informed that the certificates issued by PACI contain the individuals ’information, the valid residence period and other information contained in the civil card, and are granted during the current period due to the delay in issuing the cards, and it can be used as personal proof and as evidence of the validity of the residence only, but it is not allowed to use them at the airport and the rest of the ports as Civil ID cards.

Earlier, rumors were widely spread on WhatsApp and other social media platform saying that those who ever not received civil id card due to some technical delays, can get this paper from liberation tower and travel abroad.


Read this article at