IndiansinKuwait.com

Kuwait dismisses coronavirus cases

Sunday, February 23, 2020

The Kuwaiti Ministry of Health confirmed on Saturday that there were no cases of novel coronavirus (COVID19) in the country, denying social media reports of cases at Farwaniya Hospital.

"Reported warnings against eating food at restaurants and linking them to a possible coronavirus outbreak are baseless," Spokesman for the Health Ministry Abdullah Al-Sanad said in a statement.

He affirmed that his ministry had not reported any coronavirus cases, rebuffing relevant reports as being "totally untrue".

The spokesman, therefore, urged citizens and expats to obtain information in this regard from the ministry and to sheer away from rumors and fabrications.

Sheikh Basil Al-Sabah pointed out the ministry is in contact with the World Health Organization around the clock to get updates about the global situation of COVID-19 outbreak.

He added that Kuwait is also contacting with other Gulf countries to follow up on recommendations, relevant precautions, and practical steps to curb the spread of the virus.

The ministry is cooperating at the same time with all relative national bodies to take all precautionary measures to help keep the country free from COVID-19, Sheikh Dr. Basil Al-Sabah said, reiterating that the so far no case of novel coronavirus infection was registered in Kuwait.

He stressed that the ministry is committed to highest level of transparency with regard the recently discovery of infected cases in some neighboring countries.

The ministry provide citizens and residents with all the information needed to avoid infection, he said.

He pointed out that the ministry continues to apply all preventive measures to prevent the transmission of the virus to the country, the most important of which is recommending not to travel to areas where the disease has appeared, except for extreme necessity.

The ministry also takes all preventive measures adopted internationally with those coming from those areas, he noted.

The minister also called on citizens and residents to follow official statements issued by the ministry.

Read this article online at


Express your comment on this article
 
Mr. Achayan
Monday, February 24, 2020
Why still in denial. Already 3 detected. Who knows how many more??

Submit your comments...
     
Disclaimer: The views expressed here are strictly personal and IndiansinKuwait.com does not hold any responsibility on them. We shall endeavour to upload/publish as many of the comments that are submitted as possible within a reasonable span of time, but we do not guarantee that all comments that are submitted will be uploaded/published. Messages that harass, abuse or threaten other members; have obscene, unlawful, defamatory, libellous, hateful, or otherwise objectionable content; or have spam, commercial or advertising content or links are liable to be removed by the editors. We also reserve the right to edit the comments that do get published. Please do not post any private information unless you want it to be available publicly.

Community News
 

Kuwait Islamic Council office bearers have appealed to the central government to arrange a special flight service for the In...

Toastmasters International Area 29 of Division H, District 20 had its annual speech contest held on 14 February 2020 at Raja...

ARMS4U Kuwait participated in the Darpan 2020 exhibition organised by Creative School, Bangalore on March 7, 2020, where art...

Blood Donors Kerala Kuwait Chapter organized a voluntary blood donation camp at Jabriya Central Blood Bank on February 26 as...

As a part of their community service, Billava Sangha Kuwait (BSK), organised a free medical camp on Friday, 21st February, 2...